On Saturday 20th July we will be celebrating our 50th Anniversary!!!!!
Please come along to celebrate with us from 2.00pm-5.00pm. We are having a BBQ, licensed bar, live band, bouncy castle and more….
Tickets are on sale at £2.50 from Charlotte which includes a free drink and food.
You might be interested to know some other things that happened in 1969:
- Moon Landing – The first man landed on the moon as part of the Apollo 11 mission. Neil Armstrong and Edwin ‘Buzz’ Aldrin became the first humans to set foot on the Moon and the famous words “That’s one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.” became part of history.
- The Beatles gave their final live performance on the roof of the Apple building in London.
- The Woodstock Festival attracted an audience of over 400,000 to watch performers including Janis Joplin, Sly & the Family Stone, The Who, Joe Cocker and Jimi Hendrix at White Lake, New York, U.S.A.
- Vietnam – The very first U.S. troop withdrawals are made from Vietnam.
- Monty Python – The Groundbreaking TV programme Monty Python’s Flying Circus is shown for the first time and the catch phrase “…and now for something completely different.“ becomes their trade mark
- Films – Notable films of the year included: Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, True Grit, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Easy Rider.
- Born in 1969 – Catherine Zeta-Jones, Renee Zellweger and Jennifer Aniston.
- Technology – The first Concorde test flight was conducted in France. The Harrier Jump Jet enters service with the RAF and The Microprocessor ( a miniature set of integrated circuits) is invented opening the way for the computer revolution that followed.